New joint working pilot with BTP in London as rail companies work to ensure people can travel with confidence
Four train firms, Great Northern, Southeastern, Southern and Thameslink, are working together with the British Transport Police as part of a new pilot in London to further encourage people to wear face coverings.
Industry welcomes ongoing support to keep railway running for passengers and the end of the franchise system.
More room for passengers as rail industry 'boosts timetable to boost confidence' of those returning to school and work
Rail companies are adding services to timetables as schools reopen and people increasingly return to workplaces.
Ahead of major timetable uplift, rail companies release the 8 ways they are ensuring people can travel safely… and how passengers can help
From today, people fleeing domestic abuse anywhere in Britain during the coronavirus lockdown can apply for free train travel to refuge accommodation, through a partnership between train companies and Women’s Aid.
Contact the Rail Delivery Group media team
Photographs, infographics and reports
Visit the National Rail website for the latest travel information
- Glasgow Queen Street has been named the nation’s favourite railway station in a public poll which recorded over 95,000 votes
- 48 stations from across the country competed head to head in the World Cup of Stations with the Scottish terminal receiving most votes
- Queen Street beat Scottish rivals in the group stages before triumphing in the final over three English stations in a nail biting conclusion, pulling ahead in the final 15 minutes of voting
- Rail staff at Glasgow Queen Street and at stations across the country have been playing a key role supporting Britain’s recovery from COVID-19
Honorary Colonel Dame Kelly Holmes and Sophie Faldo back initiative to help veterans adjust to civilian life
- New Veterans Railcard is now on sale at an introductory price of just £21 until 31st March 2021
- An extra 830k people will benefit from 1/3 off rail travel for them and a companion + up to four kids get 60% off
- Veterans Railcard holders will be able to use their Railcard for journeys from 5th November
- This week the British public will vote for their favourite railway station in the World Cup of Stations 2020
- 48 stations from across the country will compete head to head in the online poll
- Stations and staff have been playing a key role supporting Britain’s recovery from COVID-19
- Dark horse 2019 champions Huddersfield face stiff competition from newly redeveloped Glasgow Queen Street and pride of Wales, Cardiff Central.