178 items found, showing page 1 of 15
- Glasgow Queen Street has been named the nation’s favourite railway station in a public poll which recorded over 95,000 votes
- 48 stations from across the country competed head to head in the World Cup of Stations with the Scottish terminal receiving most votes
- Queen Street beat Scottish rivals in the group stages before triumphing in the final over three English stations in a nail biting conclusion, pulling ahead in the final 15 minutes of voting
- Rail staff at Glasgow Queen Street and at stations across the country have been playing a key role supporting Britain’s recovery from COVID-19
Honorary Colonel Dame Kelly Holmes and Sophie Faldo back initiative to help veterans adjust to civilian life
- New Veterans Railcard is now on sale at an introductory price of just £21 until 31st March 2021
- An extra 830k people will benefit from 1/3 off rail travel for them and a companion + up to four kids get 60% off
- Veterans Railcard holders will be able to use their Railcard for journeys from 5th November
- This week the British public will vote for their favourite railway station in the World Cup of Stations 2020
- 48 stations from across the country will compete head to head in the online poll
- Stations and staff have been playing a key role supporting Britain’s recovery from COVID-19
- Dark horse 2019 champions Huddersfield face stiff competition from newly redeveloped Glasgow Queen Street and pride of Wales, Cardiff Central.
This morning the ORR published their latest statistical release on Passenger Rail Usage, covering Quarter 1 of 2020-21 (April to June 2020).
New joint working pilot with BTP in London as rail companies work to ensure people can travel with confidence
Four train firms, Great Northern, Southeastern, Southern and Thameslink, are working together with the British Transport Police as part of a new pilot in London to further encourage people to wear face coverings.
The Rail Delivery Group has announced changes to its leadership that will ensure the organisation is ready to support potential reforms stemming from the Williams Review into the future structure of the railway.
- Speaking at a virtual Labour Party Conference fringe event on rail and decarbonisation, a senior rail executive has warned that Britain is on the verge of a car-led recovery
- An economic recovery built on increased use of road vehicles would be devastating to the nation’s net zero carbon ambitions
- Increased investment in the railways and reform of rail fares as the country emerges from COVID can incentivise people to make greener choices, the rail industry says
Industry welcomes ongoing support to keep railway running for passengers and the end of the franchise system.
More room for passengers as rail industry 'boosts timetable to boost confidence' of those returning to school and work
Rail companies are adding services to timetables as schools reopen and people increasingly return to workplaces.
Letter: Public transport operators are working hard to ensure that buses and trains remain safe for passengers
With the Confederation of Passenger Transport, the Rail Delivery Group sent a letter to the Financial Times in response to an article about a London business advising employees to avoid public transport.
Rail industry responds to announcement of new Acceleration Unit for transport infrastructure and investment in rail upgrades
Responding to the Government's announcement of a new Acceleration Unit for transport infrastructure and investment in rail upgrades, Robert Nisbet, Director of Nations and Regions for the Rail Delivery Group which represents the rail industry said,
RPI inflation rose by 1.6% in July year on year, according to official figures published today.