391 items found, showing page 3 of 33
- Train companies launch passenger consultation on plans to modernise customer service across the rail network
- Staff would move out of ticket offices and on station platforms, concourses and ticket halls, adopting new ‘customer help’ roles already in place in many parts of the railway
- Proposals mean more face-to-face support available across the network to choose the cheapest tickets and advise on journey planning, as well as support those with accessibility needs
- Rail industry says bringing customer service roles up to date is long overdue, following a collapse in numbers of people using ticket offices
In response to some of Mick Lynch's claims this morning that the strikes have been "a success"
Passengers reminded to check before they travel and prepare for disruption as members of the RMT and Aslef unions set to strike next week
- Aslef is due to hold further strike action on Wednesday 31 May and Saturday 3 June, and RMT plan to strike on Friday 2 June.
- The levels of disruption will vary across the country, so passengers are being asked to check before they travel.
- Timetables for 31 May are live on journey planners now. Timetables for 2 and 3 June will be published on Saturday 27 May.
- Aslef will impose an overtime ban across 15 train operators on 1 June which may lead to short-notice cancellations with wide regional variations.