329 items found, showing page 13 of 28
Rail Delivery Group comment on government rail fare announcement
Response to the government announcement confirming rail fares will remain at 2020 prices until 1 March 2021 and then rise by 2.6%.
RDG response to ORR data on rail passenger journeys
This morning the ORR published their latest statistical release on Passenger Rail Usage, covering Quarter 2 of 2020-21 (July to September 2020).
O Come All Ye Freight-Full: Avalanche of Christmas goods to be delivered by rail freight this year
- This year, rail freight will transport millions of Christmas decorations, trees and bottles of wine including 30% of Tesco’s Christmas range
- Rail freight has played an important role supporting the country throughout the pandemic and will now ensure people have everything they need to celebrate the festive period
- Intermodal rail freight which includes goods for retail has increased by almost 20% over the last decade with 1.6million tonnes being transported last month.
- With each freight train carrying as much as 76 HGVs, rail freight will help cut traffic jams in the run up to Christmas
Passengers asked to plan ahead as rail companies work hard to support Christmas journeys
- As the rail industry works together to help people travel with confidence this Christmas, passengers are asked to plan in advance and book their outward and return journeys
- 95% of the network is running as usual over the Christmas and New Year period, with essential engineering work taking place at key locations
- Upgrade work will improve train reliability for passengers on several routes and boost connectivity between England and Scotland on the East Coast Main Line
RDG response to Spending Review
Responding to the Chancellor's Spending Review, Robert Nisbet, Director of Nations and Regions at the Rail Delivery Group, representing train operators, said:
Free train travel for almost a thousand fleeing domestic abuse as demand for help soars
Train companies are extending free train travel for survivors of domestic abuse until the end of March next year. The move comes as figures show four survivors a day, on average, have been using the scheme and reports show that abuse has worsened during coronavirus restrictions.
New pilot boosts already high face covering compliance on the railway
As part of ongoing work by the rail industry to increase passenger confidence and make the railway even safer during the coronavirus pandemic, a new pilot to increase already high observance of face covering rules has led to almost total compliance on trains and at stations.
Glasgow Queen Street named Britain’s favourite railway station in public vote
- Glasgow Queen Street has been named the nation’s favourite railway station in a public poll which recorded over 95,000 votes
- 48 stations from across the country competed head to head in the World Cup of Stations with the Scottish terminal receiving most votes
- Queen Street beat Scottish rivals in the group stages before triumphing in the final over three English stations in a nail biting conclusion, pulling ahead in the final 15 minutes of voting
- Rail staff at Glasgow Queen Street and at stations across the country have been playing a key role supporting Britain’s recovery from COVID-19
Honorary Colonel Dame Kelly Holmes and Sophie Faldo back initiative to help veterans adjust to civilian life
- New Veterans Railcard is now on sale at an introductory price of just £21 until 31st March 2021
- An extra 830k people will benefit from 1/3 off rail travel for them and a companion + up to four kids get 60% off
- Veterans Railcard holders will be able to use their Railcard for journeys from 5th November
Britons to vote for top railway station as World Cup of Stations 2020 gets underway
- This week the British public will vote for their favourite railway station in the World Cup of Stations 2020
- 48 stations from across the country will compete head to head in the online poll
- Stations and staff have been playing a key role supporting Britain’s recovery from COVID-19
- Dark horse 2019 champions Huddersfield face stiff competition from newly redeveloped Glasgow Queen Street and pride of Wales, Cardiff Central.
RDG response to ORR data showing rail journeys at lowest levels since mid-nineteenth century
This morning the ORR published their latest statistical release on Passenger Rail Usage, covering Quarter 1 of 2020-21 (April to June 2020).
New joint working pilot with BTP in London as rail companies work to ensure people can travel with confidence
Four train firms, Great Northern, Southeastern, Southern and Thameslink, are working together with the British Transport Police as part of a new pilot in London to further encourage people to wear face coverings.